Stay safe with smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
Protect yourself from fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. To keep alarms running for a long time:
- Clean the dust from the detector once each month.
- Check to see the battery is working.
- Replace the detector every 10 years even if it came with a lifetime warranty.
- Keep a smoke detector in every room.
- You can buy different types of smoke suitable for each room.
- You should have carbon monoxide detectors in the basement, the garage and in hallways.